The Equinoxe system offers a wide range of glenoid solutions, including pear shaped, pegged, keeled and augmented options. The cage glenoid pegs are designed to simplify removal and reduce operating room time.5
The Equinoxe 8 degree posterior augment glenoid is designed to preserve bone1 and address initial and biologic fixation in both straightforward and challenging cases.
Multiple head heights for each diameter provides surgeon flexibility in patients with soft tissue challenges, and the alpha and beta glenoid curvatures enable any head size to be paired with any glenoid size while maintaining an optimal radial mismatch of approximately 5.5mm.6-8 Exactech offers the CTA Head for cuff tear arthropathy procedures.
- Roche, C. et al. Computer Assessment of Scapula Cortical and Cancellous Bone Removal when Correcting a Posterior Defect Using 3 Different Glenoid Prosthesis Designs. Trans. of the 59th Annual ORS Meeting. 2013.
- Roche, C. et al. Biomechanical Analysis of 3 Commercially Available Reverse Shoulder Designs in a Normal and Medially Eroded Scapula. Trans. of the 59th Annual ORS Meeting. 2013.
- Roche, C. et al. Impact of Scapular Notching on Reverse Shoulder Glenoid Fixation. Trans. of the 59th Annual ORS Meeting. 2013.
- Roche, C. et al. A Comparison of Glenoid Fixation using Two Different Reverse Shoulder Designs with an Equivalent Center of Rotation in a Low and High Density Bone Substitute. Trans. of the 59th Annual ORS Meeting. 2013.
- Crosby, L.A. et al. Revision Total Shoulder Arthroplasty with and without Humeral Stem Removal: How Much of a Difference Does it Make in the Overall Results? Trans of the 23rd Annual BESS Scientific Meeting. 2012.
- Anglin C, et al. Mechanical testing of shoulder prostheses and recommendations for glenoid design. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2000;9(4):323-31.
- Walch G, et al. The influence of glenohumeral prosthetic mismatch on glenoid radiolucent lines. J Bone Joint Surg. 2002;84-A(12):2186-91.
- Karduna AR, et al. Glenohumeral joint translations before and after TSA. J Bone Joint Surg. 1997; 79-A(8):1166-74.