Last Updated: June 18, 2020
Exactech Inc. and its affiliates (collectively as “Exactech”) is dedicated to the protection of any personal data provided by users of this website and will strive to balance the company’s legitimate business interests with the user’s privacy expectations when collecting and utilizing personal data collected through this site. Exactech Inc. operates the website that you are visiting, and it is, where applicable, the data controller responsible for the collection and use of personal data.
Please read the following statements before using this site.
Data we collect
Exactech collects data when you visit this website and when you use its tools to submit information to us. The specific data we collect depends on the context of your visit and whether you submit data to us through the available features.
We track data provided through your browser to administer the site, analyze its usage, and provide you with a better user experience based on your location. This data is not used to personally identify users but may be compiled to monitor information concerning the use of this site. Actually, when you visit the Websites, we may collect certain technical information relating to users, which your web browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website on the Internet, or which is collected when you use a mobile application. Our servers automatically record this information, which may include Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, device type, tracking the number of visitors to the site, tracking frequently viewed pages and time spent viewing the site by individual users, or the number of links you click within our site.
Finally, when you interact with certain website features, we may collect data such as name, address, email, telephone number. Exactech will collect such data only when you have voluntarily provided to respond to your inquiry or request.
How we use personal data
Exactech may use the personal data we collect through this website for several purposes and process it under different legal bases. In particular, we may process your data because:
We have legitimate interests in using your data for the following:
- Detection of the country and/or browser language of the user to show them the Exactech site for their country and/or language.
- Logging that a user has accessed an Exactech site to determine the number of unique visitors to the site and tracking the number of visits to each page in the site.
- Using non-identifying personal information to enable users to share Exactech pages to third-party platforms.
- Using cookies to provide access to services provided by third-party providers including cVent, Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Using cookies to provide access to features that enable users to log into password-protected areas of the site.
- Logging the user IP address, browser type, browser language, and device type to better understand what regions our users are contacting us from and what browsers and devices we should be supporting.
- Collecting username, address, email, and phone number when a user voluntarily interacts with a contact page form.
We are required to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject. For example, although we have not made our website available for this purpose, we may have to disclose certain personal data information in order to meet the reporting requirements for medical devices. We may also have to disclose this information based on a court order or law enforcement as part of a lawsuit. The legal basis in this case is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
We can process your personal data for the fulfillment of the contract or the implementation of pre-contractual measures. – The use of personal data can be recorded, for example, when you apply for a job at Exactech through our website, the information collected includes your qualifications for the position, your education, applicable licenses or certifications, as well as previous work experience, references, and other information that you would like to add about yourself. By sending us information through this website, you consent to our use and disclosure of this information in accordance with this policy. The legal basis in this case is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
Exactech may transfer your personal data to its offices and authorized distributors in countries where it operates around the globe to carry out the activities specified in this Privacy Statement. The list of countries where Exactech is proud to have offices and distributors can change therefore you can found the countries at https://www.exac.com/worldwide/ in the website. Privacy laws that are different from your country of residence may apply. For instance, personal data collected within the European Union may, for example, be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the European Union. In those scenarios, Exactech will transfer your personal data pursuant to appropriate technical and organizational measures such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission in order to guarantee an adequate level of data protection.
Cross-border transfer for websites:
- We collect site usage information (IP Address, browser type, browser language, device type) using Google Analytics. We collect this information across all of our sites. It is visible across country borders by individuals that use the information to track the number of visitors to the site, track frequently viewed pages, and other site usage metrics.
- Our website hosting provider collects page access information (IP Address, page URL, browser type, browser language, device type) for logging purposes. These logs are used to measure the volume of user activity and to help resolve technical issues.
- Contact forms where users voluntarily submit name, address, email, and phone number send their data to reception where it is then forwarded to the correct parties.
- Our legal and compliance department, sales team, and other teams have data-collection forms critical to their operations. This data is accessible across country borders where staff are geographically distributed.
- Other website forms that collect data store information locally to the site and site administrators that have privileges to see all site information can access this information.
Cross-border transfer for business intelligence operations:
- Personally, identifying information that the business intelligence team extracts from their data warehousing systems is the surgeon name, surgery date, and an alphanumeric patient ID for surgery cases that take place in the USA. In some cases where the patient ID is not available sales agents will use a patient’s full name. There is an effort underway to mask or encrypt this information in our data warehousing operations after a set time period pass.
- Corporate employees in the USA and Switzerland see this personally identifying information from all countries. They also have access to other kinds of information collected in every country where Exactech operates.
- In most cases, each of our sales agencies operate within their own geographical border and their employees can see their own information only. However, there is an administrator for both Spain and the United Kingdom that has access to information for each of those two regions. Any request for additional access to countries beyond their own is submitted to the CFO for approval.
Cookies and similar tools
Cookies and similar tools
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned by Exactech or operated by Exactech, e.g. Social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or other mechanisms such as email. Even though we have carefully and conscientiously selected these websites and regularly review their privacy policies, you should read and review the privacy policies and practices of other websites carefully, as we cannot and do not control the privacy policies or practices of third party websites You are responsible for this data protection declaration.
This website contains information and graphical representations of surgical procedures that are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years. Exactech does not knowingly solicit or collect personal information about children, nor does the company knowingly market its products or services to children. Exactech encourages parents to monitor their children’s access to this and similar sites, and to monitor the information their children post to websites. Because some information is collected online, it may not appear to be the personal information of a child under eighteen years old. If a child under eighteen transfers personal data to us, and we learn of the transfer, we will try to delete the data as soon as possible.
Protection of Collected Information
Exactech endeavors to take the appropriate measures to protect the personal data disclosed on this website from unauthorized access and use. Access to personal information that is posted through this website is restricted to those who need it to respond to a user request or question. Exactech requires all its employees to abide by confidentiality and nondisclosure obligations and will strictly enforce those obligations. The misuse of personal data by employees on this website is a reason for immediate disciplinary measures that can lead to the termination of the employment relationship.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
According to the applicable data protection laws, you have certain individual rights regarding the personal data that we collect and process about you. In particular: i) you have the right to access or receive certain information regarding the personal data we process; ii) you have a right to have your personal data corrected or rectified, iii) you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and iv) to delete your personal data in certain circumstances, v) you have to right to ask us to restrict processing your information, or vi) you have the right for the information that you have given us, to ask that we transfer them. If we process your personal data on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time with future effect. You can also complain to a data protection supervisory authority in your country about the processing of your personal data by us at any time.
Please note that these rights vary depending on the applicable data protection law and that exceptions apply. In particular, we may need to process and store your personal information to fulfill a contract with you or your organization, to protect our own legitimate interests such the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or compliance with legal obligations. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we can therefore reject your data protection requests, e.g. requests for access and deletion, or comply with them only to a limited extent.
To exercise your rights, please write to us using the contact details of our data protection officer below. If you have any concerns about how your personal information will be used, please send us an email using the contact details above or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Unsubscribe
You may unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails. To do so, use the unsubscribe mechanism offered in our marketing emails or other communications and you can unsubscribe from them at any time. Please note that if you already have requested our products or services when you decide to withdraw consent, there may be a short period of time for us to update your preferences and ensure that we honor your request.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Retained
We will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary or permitted due to the relevant retention periods in view of the purposes for which they were obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory and official investigations).
Our Data Protection Officer
If you would like to get in contact directly please do so by sending an email to email@example.com.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Exactech reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to add to or revise this Website Privacy Statement at any time. Frequent users of this website should review this Statement from time to time to learn of any revisions. Notice of changes to this Statement will be promptly posted on this page, and we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this Website Privacy page. Your continued use of this site constitutes your agreement to this Website Privacy Statement and any updates.
This website is provided by Exactech, Inc. and its affiliates (“Exactech”) and should be used for informational purposes only. In using or downloading information from this site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in this notice. Exactech is proud to operate as a global company and as such, you may be visiting this website from a location other than the local country. The intended audience of this Legal Notice is for users residing in the European Union or users accessing European Union affiliates websites. The terms of this Legal Notice are intended to apply to their fullest extent under applicable laws, including the GDPR and the United States regulations. Any legal action or proceeding related to this website and the information contained herein shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court in the State of Florida or at request in the local European Country Court.
Please contact Exactech directly with any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Website Privacy Statement and the statements contained herein. You can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can find the addresses and phone numbers of our offices on our website https://www.exac.com/worldwide/.